If you are reading this: Thank you!
This initiative is still alive! Though dormant, as I haven’t had the spare energy/attention to give the project; it’s still a major interest of mine.
My desire is to serve the public, by investing time and effort into deeply considering important challenges in communicating and organizing ideas.
Emphasis on verbal and visual representations, due to the strengths of technologies supporting those modes of expression — text and images.
Emphasis on humane systems design: careful consideration of participants’ human experiences — mental, social, emotional, physical.
Emphasis on systems interconnectedness and dynamic aspects: how systems operate and change over time, and how we want to facilitate and cope with those operations and changes.
Articles I’d like to write soon:
- Abstract Syntax Tree (AST): What is it, and how is it used?
- Epidemiology and what it can teach us about the spread of IDEAS in society
- Preliminary design concepts for open-ended connected-content web interface (desktop and mobile)
- Design summary and request for comment on initiative-developing-and-organizing platform concept (needs a name) — https://github.com/laddhoffman/ourmindspace
- Appropriate schemas for reference to previously published content, originated from self or others — consider CC BY-SA; git DAG model of source version control; CRDTs; eventual consistency; content distribution mechanisms such as IPFS
- Web of trust — private key networks; reputation model; attribution;
- When and how do systems tend to be “gamed”, in the sense of eager user behavior? What are the strengths and weaknesses of “gamification”, in the sense of systems implementing reward mechanisms to reinforce user behaviors?
- Simulations of successive generations of entities adapting to their environments; multi-dimensional modeling of inter-related intrinsic and extrinsic attributes
- Factors influencing adoption of technologies and mediums — digital, analog, and the influence of temporal and spatial characteristics — radio; television; letters; books; public internet; walled-garden internet
Hope to share more soon!